Day Time Running Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarioAngeloBurke

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the day time running lamps? What fuse controls them? what circuit? can they be shut off? I cannot find a fuse for the day time running lights and its affecting my HID bulbs I think. please please someone help me!

BigDogg88

Reaction score
I pulled the fuse on my '97... I can't remember of the top of my head which fuse it was but its marked in the manual DRL something. The lights themself will be turned off but the green day time running light marker on your instrument panel will still be lit up.

Andy

OSU_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All you have to do is turn the headlight switch counterclockwise after starting the vehicle and and the DRL's turn off. The Trailblazer has an indicator light near the headlight switch to tell you they're off but the Tahoe does not. Just a quick bump of the switch in that direction and they're off each time. It happens by habit with me now.

MarioAngeloBurke

Reaction score
Thanks, I actually found the fuse shortly after I posted my plea for help. I do not have a manual but I found if you register your vehicle at GM's website you can access the entire manual online for free. Flipping the switch won't work because the DRL is too low of a voltage to run the HID's and it screws the whole system up. I'll post some pictures of the HID's. flippin sweet. well worth the money!