White Chevy Bowties

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fdnyfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see that Chevy makes Black replacement Bowties (OEM Part #23463800 ) , but they do not make a White Version.

So I got some White Vinyl sheets and applied it over the bowties like this video shows http://youtu.be/_DF3v5sFPuo

It's cold here in Pennsylvania so I used a heat gun to warm up the bowties before applying the vinyl.

Once cut I applied some heat to the vinyl, and used my thumb to press the vinyl down. Its hard to see in the pictures, but the texture of the bowtie came thru the white, so it's not smooth, looks almost original.

Please excuse the dirty truck, as we have gotten lots of snow.

Attachments

• FD1_9502.jpg
    FD1_9502.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 13
  • FD1_9502-2.jpg
    FD1_9502-2.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 12
  • FD1_9516.jpg
    FD1_9516.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 8
  • FD1_9516-2.jpg
    FD1_9516-2.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 7

mwardncsu

Reaction score
The vinyl adheres OK for the long-haul on the textured surface of the bow-ties on the 2015's? I see the previous models has a slick surface, but I was concerned with the textured surface that vinyl would either not adhere, or take on an add texture with the below showing through......

Have GM black replacements on the way.... debated going with the aftermarket black billet inserts which are smooth, but wasn't wild about the drilling of existing bowties to get the existing gold inserts out....

Yes, I now also realize I could have done the Plasti-dip spray & glossifier route.....

Fdnyfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rear one came off in a car wash. I have a friend who has a body shop and is ordering me another set of front & rear Bowties from Chevy. He is going to paint then for me white, then replace the ones on my truck.