Power folding side mirror not folding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tghires

Reaction score
Hello All,
I'm new to the forum, and also a new Tahoe owner. Just recently purchased an 08 LTZ Tahoe, and the power folding side mirrors do not fold. When you press the button for the mirrors to fold in, you can hear the motors turn on as if they are trying to fold the mirrors, but neither side will fold. After doing a little research I found that the gears are plastic, and it is very common for them to strip and break. My question is, has anyone had any luck at replacing the broken gears, and is there anyone out there that may offer metal replacement gears? If anyone has fixed this problem and has any insight on the best way to fix this problem I (and others I'm sure) would deeply appreciate it. I do apologize if this is posted in the wrong place, but I searched for this problem and didn't find any threads. Thanks in advance for any information and help.

Roswalt85

Reaction score
Had the same problem on my 2010 LTZ. Stupid guys at the car wash pushed it in and stripped the gears. Turns out can't just buy the gears or parts separately. Maybe go to a junk yard and take one apart to get it but no luck on my end. Had to buy the entire assembly and have the cap painted. About 300 bucks

thrasher

Reaction score
Check out Gruven Parts. Online resource with parts and instructions to rebuild Tahoe folding mirrors.