Two issues with MyLink system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vinnieee

Reaction score
I had two issues with my MyLink system that started yesterday and I do not know if they are related. I was wondering if anyone else had the same issue and knew how to fix it. The two issues are as follows:

1. the mylink backup camera shows grid lines, but has a red triangle in the center before even getting close to anything. The dash and camera did say something like "sensor unavailable", but that was only displayed a couple of times. I have not been towing or anything but washed the truck the night before and when I parked it the sensors were working. How do you make the sensors available again?

2. the volume on the Bluetooth will automatically go full volume, or no volume as of yesterday too. No, I am not hitting the volume controls on the back of the steering wheel. This is not a gradual increase in volume this is a full volume. Has anyone had this happen with their Bluetooth volume controls? Note: I have an iPhone 6 plus since they came out and had no issues until yesterday.

I am not sure if the two issues are related, but I wanted to start here before I took it to the dealership. Thanks for any help you can give me. Vin

mwardncsu

Reaction score
Sounds like you may have a faulty sensor or module.... the triangles appear in the approximate area to where a sensor is detecting a close object - if you always have one on, then I wonder if you have a shorted out sensor - or at least I'd suspect that sensor....

I would not see how the two issues you mention are related... On the Bluetooth volume - the volume control on the phone will also control the BT-sourced volume - you can have the stereo cranked up, but if the phone volume is way down the the volume will be low. Could you perhaps be pressing the volume buttons on the phone (in your pocket or something) and not realizing it?

rockenthebowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont know if you made it to the dealer yet but heres something that might help to arm yourself with
PI1126F: Blank Screen After Startup and Reverse, Rear View Camera Message On, Touch Screen Inoperable, Bluetooth® and Navigation Concerns - (Jan 9, 2015)

Subject:*Blank Screen After Startup and Reverse, Rearview Camera Message On, Touch Screen Inoperable, Bluetooth® and Navigation Concerns

Models:*2014 Buick LaCrosse, Regal2013-2014 Cadillac ATS, SRX, XTS2014 Cadillac CTS Sedan (VIN A), ELR2015 Cadillac Escalade Models2014 Chevrolet Corvette, Impala (VIN 1), Silverado 15002015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500/3500 (Without AVF), Suburban, Tahoe2014 GMC Sierra 15002015 GMC Sierra 2500/3500 (Without AVF), Yukon ModelsEquipped with RPOs RAO (SRX Only), RAO + UA3/UY4, IO4, IO5, IO6

Attention:*For 2013 Cadillac ATS, SRX, XTS vehicles ONLY: For vehicles with a Navigation system, be sure the USB update from the most current version of PI1062 has been installed with the provided USB stick to properly update the Gulf of Mexico map before proceeding (This PI supersedes #12293. There is no need for the silver and black USB sticks mentioned).

This PI has been revised to update Models, add RPO RAO to the Models and Condition/Concern table and update the Caution statement in Recommendation/Instructions. Please discard PI1126E.

DVD Software Update disc for Infotainment Files (Version 14.00–15.00 North American Data) will be shipped to U.S. and Canadian dealers starting December 8, 2014.

Condition/Concern

Condition

RPO

IO4

IO5

RAO (SRX Only)

RAO+UA3/UY4

IO6

IO6 (ELR)

Center Stack showing a blank display right after engine start

X

X

X

X

No device connected is displayed in now playing view

X

X

X

X

Sporadic system reset, possibly seen when view phone contact details

X

X

Screen stops updating and no visual changes are observed

X

Touch Screen sporadic inoperable

X

X

X

Time display overlaps Icons in the application tray

X

X

RVC touch to exit RVC screen is not working after shifting back into drive

X

X

X

Black Screen and reverse guideline displayed while in drive

X

X

X

Upon answering a Bluetooth hands-free call the HMI Module takes over 5 sec to converge (Noise/echo on the first connection)

X

X

X

Grammar fixes for issues in POR, ITA, NLD

X

X

Blue screen popped up on ICS screen periodically while playing a movie with RSE system

X

X

Device initializing message heard for too long so can not access contacts via speech

X

X

X

X

Voice Rec language swapped to English, prompts are heard with the accent of the display language

X

X

Map display black around the vehicle Icon on the map (half mile scales)

X

X

Phone Call does not complete hang up when call is done via speech recognition in the Navigation application

X

No device connected is displayed in now playing view

X

X

Sporadic system reset, possibly seen when searching address, scrolling/panning on the map or view phone contact details

X

X

Map reset when the navigation system attempts to draw text around a curved road

X

X

App tray and interaction selector in may is not faded out properly

X

X

Text translation and changes - 'Not Able To Charge'

X

Hybrid text changes for 'Horn Chirps' to be changed to 'on'

X

Updated welcome animation

X

Fixed Cadillac welcome sound

X

Blue screen popped up on ICS screen periodically while playing a movie

X

Bluetooth will not make or receive Bluetooth calls. The phone will show a call in process, but the call will not go through the vehicle. It will stream music. The Bluetooth icon is displayed on the radio display but the phone battery icon and signal strength are not.

X

Delayed rear vision camera (RVC) image when shifting into reverse

X

X

X

X

Rear vision camera (RVC) image comes on when shifting into reverse, goes off briefly and then comes back on

X

X

X

X

System Reset- Black Screen

X

X

X

X

Radio resets while using Skype

X

X

X

Traffic disruption on route is repeated frequently

X

X

Bluetooth Audio issues --No audio or choppy after ignition on

X

X

X

X

In Bluetooth media screen, audio does not auto play. Tapping on Play button does not play Bluetooth audio

X

X

X

X

Media Favorites Lost After Ignition Cycle

X

X

X

X

Media Favorites unavailable while the same media is playing

X

X

X

X

Browse list shows no content available message when exiting and back using softkeys

X

X

X

X

USB stick not recognized when inserted

X

X

X

X

Upon a new ignition cycle, media (SD, USB stick, iPod) that was left inserted is not recognized

X

X

X

X

System plays random song for 2 seconds after current song is finished playing

X

X

X

X

Other media devices (Bluetooth/CD) connected is not played if user is sourcing MyMediaLibrary and then disconnects the USBs connected to the system.

X

X

X

X

The Emergency Connected phone screen stays displayed after call center sends a DEA route

X

X

X

X

If incorrect number (with extra digit) is entered in keypad by mistake and outgoing call made, user cannot make a call by deleting the extra number ever again from the keypad.

X

X

X

X

When accepting an incoming phone call using Cluster's steering wheel control sometimes connection cannot be established until accepting the call using the Handset button

X

X

X

X

Phone book is not updating properly

X

X

X

X

"No Phone Connected" is shown after the phone is paired and connected

X

Phone application not available on start-up (Icon grayed out)

X

X

X

X

Tapping “End” does not end conference call

X

X

X

X

Voice recognition is not enabled after pressing Voice Recognition button is pressed. Voice recognition screen will display for less than 1 second.

X

X

X

In addition to the above customer concerns, the following updates have been included in this software update:

Correction to Spanish speech input for destination entry that numbers are included in the search input for the address.Pandora favorite saved items — If two phones were paired, the channel list of the 1st phone was not cleared when the 2nd phone was paired.Make sure the latest Techline Infotainment DVD software update (V-IN2014-14-15 DVD) has been installed. Refer to the latest version of PI0744 Instructions for Installing Techline Infotainment DVD in SI.