2015 Tahoe MyLink issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PascagoulaBeach

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2015 Tahoe that I purchased in October of 2014. When my iPhone 6+ is connected via bluetooth I don't get any notification of text messages that I receive. I am not sure if there is some setting that I am missing. I even tried changing my text message tone to a longer tone but that has not helped.

Any ideas?

savaiusini

Reaction score
Go to bluetooth settings on your iphone. Tap the blue info button for the Tahoe's bluetooth. Turn on notifications.

Restart your car and and have someone send you a text. It should now display a notification on your screen.

mwardncsu

Reaction score
What trim level, and is this on a "2015i" - post early Oct build date (I assume not given an Oct purchase)

I have an iPhone and have text msg notification enabled in the BT settings and don't recall ever getting a notification on the screen...

There is a guy out there doing reprogramming of the HMI module for the MyLink that unlocks Nav entry in motion, allows video to play on the front screen when in motion, and adds a text message app that will display the text msg and allow canned responses (though the canned response does not work on the iPhone).