Daytime Running Lights 2015 LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RiverRunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here know if the Daytime Running Lights can be programmed to use only the LEDs instead of the HID lights on an LT?

The LTZ does this from the factory.

mwardncsu

Reaction score
Are HIDs an option on the LT? Our Suburban LT has halogens.... I've been meaning to check what is lit up as DRLs..... never think about looking at the front when it's daytime....

Just checked it in the garage... with the key in the ignition and turned (but not starting the motor), the LEDs come on and not the halogens - when the engine is started the low-beams are coming on as well, but it may be because there is not enough light in the garage.... going to have to try it during daytime I guess to see......

Last edited:

RiverRunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mwanrdncsu, you may be correct, they could be Halogen, I just know that the LEDs come on when the parking lights or headlights are on. They do not come on for Daytime Running lights, as they do on the LTZ. I had my BMWs "coded" to change computer controlled options (lights, gauges, tractions control, etc) ... as maybe the case with our SUVs.