Crappy reverse camera image...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rad22

Reaction score
Is it just me or does anyone else feel the image quality for the reverse camera is absolutely abysmal? Now that hi definition chip based cameras are so cheap, why would GM put such a horrible camera in this otherwise fine SUV?

Does anyone know if it's possible to change out the camera for a better quality device? Mine is so bad that it actually impedes its use.

Mountain

Reaction score
Agreed. The camera is horrible. I have an older ford truck with a far superior camera and the ford cost far less.

Mike_P

Reaction score
Just traded my 2010 hoe for a 2016- the 2010 camera was WAYYYYYYY better. Also interested in a swap cam if anyone finds a good one.

Captain3jack

Reaction score
Am i glad I found this forum. My first thought was i had a bad front and rear camera, now I know it just is crap.

holsteinson

Reaction score
Have a 2015 LTZ and its rear camera sucks, day or night Anyone has a HD replacement for it? How can I add a front camera to my Tahoe 2015??

tdriver113

Reaction score
My work van has a plug in backup camera that was added by me that has much better picture than the stock Chevy one. Go figure.

Woodman-15LTZ

Reaction score
Glad to hear it was just my Hoe with an issue. I kept trying to clean it. Hope someone comes up with an HD replacement.