2015 LT Issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shayp

Reaction score
Just checking in to see if anyone has had any issues with their 2015 tahoes? We have a 2015 at about 6k miles. Thanks

RiverRunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
None on mine in the first 3,000 miles. Have done about 1,000 miles of towing.

A couple observations: A bigger one is the gas mileage isn't as good as the EPA estimates. In my other vehicles, I usually better the estimates, only have matched them on the highway during the break in period, not exceeding 55mph. Now averaging about 18.5 hwy, 15 city.

The other observation is how slow the MyLink system responds to touch commands.

Other than those things, that are minor to me, we love our new Tahoe.

shayp

Reaction score
None on mine in the first 3,000 miles. Have done about 1,000 miles of towing.

A couple observations: A bigger one is the gas mileage isn't as good as the EPA estimates. In my other vehicles, I usually better the estimates, only have matched them on the highway during the break in period, not exceeding 55mph. Now averaging about 18.5 hwy, 15 city.

The other observation is how slow the MyLink system responds to touch commands.

Other than those things, that are minor to me, we love our new Tahoe.

Great thank you its just sometimes with new cars u dont know there is a problem until you speak to other ppl about it.

linytahoe

Reaction score
I had mine a month and the Rear AC went out, had to wait another month for parts, it had less then 1000 miles on it

Fdnyfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep loosing memory channels on the Mylink gps radio

KarlM1

Reaction score
Stick your head near your driver side front wheel with the car running and listen to the noise of the serpentine belt system. Almost sounds like a muffled diesel. I just spent 70K on a 2015LTZ and Im not happy. The dealer let me listen to another 2015 and it sounded the same. Please someone tell me their 2015 is as quiet as their previous Tahoe or do the test and let me know your Tahoe is "quiet". Thanks.

KarlM1

Reaction score
Noise on 2015

I called customer service to voice my opinion.
If enough of us 2015 owners complain they may look into it. The sound reminds me of water pump bearings?

KarlM1

Reaction score
Noise on 2015

My dealer says "all the 2015 tahoes have the same noise"
Can't here it inside. I listened to 5 others since my first post and all had the same noise. Inside the vehicle is very quiet. I think if you listen again you will here it. Maybe you think it's normal. I traded another hoe and it was quiet like a RR. hehe! One salesman said the noise on the truck line was more noticeable.

KarlM1

Reaction score
Noise

Linty, does it bother you? Will you ask your dealer about it of just accept it and drive a noisy luxury SUV ? Maybe it's me but my 2009 was the best SUV I have owned. That's why I went for 70k on a new one and Im not happy. Would not recommend to a friend at this point.

I heard the same

KarlM1

Reaction score
Noisy Tahoe

Thanks River, At least I have some "ammo" for my dealer that they ALL dont make this rattle......

linytahoe

Reaction score
My truck is in for service now, I called and asked about the clicky noisey sound, I was told its the new injection system they started using in 2014

NowakPE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is in for service now, I called and asked about the clicky noisey sound, I was told its the new injection system they started using in 2014
Yes, the new direct injection motors make a noticeable clicking sound. The sound can be similar to excessive valvetrain noise. The reason for the noise is that the direct injection system is a very high pressure system. Basically, it is a high pressure system similar to those found on modern diesel motors (the diesel injectors all make the same clicking noise).

I do not notice any excessive noise from the serpentine belt on ours.

So far, our only issue has been a failed GPS antenna. The frustrating part about this is that parts aren't available for the repair. Parts are still on backorder.... This has been an issue with a lot of the 2015 Tahoes, Escalades, and Yukons...

Yesterday evening, we were notified that there is a recall for a wiring harness in the console. Hopefully, the parts are available for this one...

Last edited:

KarlM1

Reaction score
Noise 2015

Thanks for the posts. I mentioned serpentine belt for lack of another description. What you are describing is exactly the sound. Almost a really really quiet diesel. I pulled up next to a 2015 Escalade today in a parking lot that was running. I have no idea what motor the Caddy uses but it was making was a similar noise.

NowakPE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the posts. I mentioned serpentine belt for lack of another description. What you are describing is exactly the sound. Almost a really really quiet diesel. I pulled up next to a 2015 Escalade today in a parking lot that was running. I have no idea what motor the Caddy uses but it was making was a similar noise.

The new Caddy uses the same engine technology. The new Corvette engines make similar sounds. Any new direct injection GM engine will make similar noises. Different vehicles will sound differently due to differences in sheet metal and soundproofing materials.

Noise is also very subjective for folks. Most folks don't notice the ticking noise of our Tahoe. To them, it is a very quiet vehicle, both inside and out. To me, I notice it immediately. Fellow gearheads notice it right away as well. Unless you can listen to the other vehicle, it is hard to say for that his doesn't have the same noise.

KarlM1

Reaction score
Correct again. I am a gearhead and Corvette owner. (08 Z06)
I am happy with the Tahoe as it is very quiet in the cabin. I, like you, notice the noise immediatly. As long as its "normal" I can live with it.

NowakPE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am a gearhead and Corvette owner. (08 Z06)
:drool2::drool2:

We have a modified 01 Coupe. Currently trying to figure out a way to get into a new Stingray with my current wallet. Trying to be patient until we can save up some more. It didn't help any when a friend tossed me the key fob to his new ZO6 with ZO7 package and said "fire it up..."