Mylink keeps loosing memory channels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fdnyfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a SD memory card with music on it, at least 3 times a week, certain presets are grayed out and need to be reprogrammed.

Today I lost my presets that had my phone numbers stored in it.

Anyone else having this issue?

My software version is 23493441

RiverRunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've only lost the SD card presets when I've pulled the card out and added music to it's existing folders. Frustrating, but I learned not to spend too much time doing that. Maybe wouldn't lose the memory presets if I pulled the SD card out when the vehicle is completely turned off and then install it again.

RiverRunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I was able to recreate the presets "Graying out" but, they did come back after going to the Sat Radio and back one time, and another time they came back on their own after a few minutes. I'll report it and schedule a service visit to have them "attempt" to fix it. My biggest problem with that MyLiink is the SLOWWW response to commands. From the steering wheel control to advance or go back to the next or last song. The touch commands are lethargic too on any command.

Definitely a problem that GM will need to address before they have a million of these systems in vehicles.

Fdnyfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, I'll have to try going to sat then back to media

Fdnyfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was not able to recreate the greed out buttons coming back. Can you throw up a short video

Fdnyfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a reformat of the SD card (not a quick one, but a full one). I copied all my music back onto the card.

Put the card back in the Tahoe, started up the truck, within 1 minute all the memory channels were working. No more grey presets.

Hope this helps someone else.