stereo 1996 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bpmassaro

Reaction score
I have a 1996 Tahoe . Stereo stopped working. I want to put something in there that uses the fact. Wiring and mount. Can I use a newer Tahoe stereo ? I Need An AUX . That it . I'm not looking for better sound. I want to run an I pod . Any thoughts? Thanks .

Ice98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1996-1999 parts are fairly interchangeable for suburban/Tahoe/Yukon models

That being said, eventually the adjustment knobs all crack, and who needs a tape deck anymore? it is so easy to install an aftermarket stereo, I think I paid $90 for mine, 25w per channel, lacks a cd-player but has dual AUX inputs and a USB port, as well as Bluetooth expansion ability, few bucks for a wire harness and a few bucks for a din and a half adapter plate and I am golden

zidjan

Reaction score
1996-1999 parts are fairly interchangeable for suburban/Tahoe/Yukon models

That being said, eventually the adjustment knobs all crack, and who needs a tape deck anymore? it is so easy to install an aftermarket stereo, I think I paid $90 for mine, 25w per channel, lacks a cd-player but has dual AUX inputs and a USB port, as well as Bluetooth expansion ability, few bucks for a wire harness and a few bucks for a din and a half adapter plate and I am golden

I did the same in my 1998 Tahoe...except that I found the 2 rear speakers is not working...only the front row and the back by the cargo are was working...what do I miss?