Stick leather and uncomfortable seat in LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stt1118

Reaction score
Hi all,

New member here. Just purchased a new 2015i Tahoe LTZ 2 weeks ago. I like the vehicle very much except for a few key problems. The first problem is that I find the drivers seat quite uncomfortable. The leather seems "sticky" and easily makes my pants ride up. I have also had lower back pain on longer trips. I was wondering if anybody knows if the Yukon SLT or Denali has a higher grade leather seat that won't seem sticky and has better lumbar support. I have searched everywhere and I can't find anywhere that lists if the Yukon provides a higher quality leather on the interior vs. the Thaoe ltz. Thank you for any insights you can provide on the Yukon vs Tahoe interior materials!

leafman60

Reaction score
I find the (leather) seats on my new Z71 are also not nearly as comfortable as on past Tahoe models.

I have no problem with the leather sticking but the narrow width and padding (or lack of it) are inferior to past models. GM has apparently tried to save money by cheapening the seats. I compared the '15 Tahoe seats to the seats on my '06 2500 Chevy work truck and the 2500 seats are significantly wider and much better padded.

With about 3000 miles on the Tahoe now, the seat is feeling better. Either it is breaking in or I am just getting used to it.

By the way, I am not a wide person. I'm 6-2, 208 pounds.

Regarding leather sticking, in these summer months, I always use a wooden bead seat cover that dramatically cools your body and eliminates skin-to-leather issues. You can buy them cheaply at most stores selling auto accessories. I think I bought mine at WalMart.