Apple CarPlay Possibility for 2015 Models?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bighurk

Reaction score

Dace

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was just reading up on Apple CarPlay and Chevy being a major partner to release 2016 models with CarPlay builtin. Was wondering if somehow it may be a possibility to have that in 2015 models over MyLink?

Ive seen some of the reviews on it and I think will definitely be better. Any thoughts?

http://www.technologytell.com/in-car-tech/12999/chevrolet-models-get-android-auto-apple-carplay/

I have almost never seen a backwards compatible software update. Car manufacturers just haven't yet made many cars to be upgraded when it comes to internal software.

It the big talk in the technology world that maybe someday they will.

Qwest

Reaction score
As someone who just bought a 2015 Tahoe without navigation that would make me very happy.

Chevy/GM needs to wake up. They have entered the luxury car market and they need to start treating their customers accordingly. If someone spends $50k on a vehicle they kind of expect to not get screwed over with upgrades.

RiverRunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As someone who just bought a 2015 Tahoe without navigation that would make me very happy.

Chevy/GM needs to wake up. They have entered the luxury car market and they need to start treating their customers accordingly. If someone spends $50k on a vehicle they kind of expect to not get screwed over with upgrades.

I currently own 3 newer BMWs, one is a 2015 7 series, and one is an M6 Gran Coupe, MSRP $135k, and one is a 2013 328. They're technical upgrades aren't any better. The response of the media is faster than the Mylink's response.

My biggest issue is that every time I upgrade my phone's os, I have bluetooth connection and freezing issues. It takes BMW about 3 months to catch up every time. The Mercedes I've owned were worse, they never could hold a bluetooth connection. What I'm saying is that the luxury car market isn't keeping up as a whole with the fast evolving phone technology. I can't speak about other luxury brands, just my experience with BMW and Mercedes Benz.