DIC Service This & That !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tconne01

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have a 2015 4WD LTZ in White/Jet Black with SGF (22") wheels. I ordered it
just the way I wanted it. The only Non LPO option I did not order was the Retractable Running Boards cause I just DONT like them.

As of this Date I have a tad over 8,000 miles on my baby. I have been having Service warnings for 2 months. IE: Service Adaptive Cruise Control, Service Stabilitrack,Service Traction Control & Service Auto Collision Prep, and it wail then say on top of DIC "ACTION REQUIRED" Steering Assist Is Reduced Drive With Care. At times it will just be a continuous loop and when this happens I can not set or use my Adaptive Cruise Control which makes me crazy. My Tahoe was built after the Mid year update where the my LTZ has Wi-Fi and Wireless Charging & hands free lift gate at times (While washing it) my lift gate decides to open by itself. Also it likes to occasionally close on me.

I work at a dealership so yeah I got a great deal but this is still a heck of a lot of money and Me as an employee I am always at the back of the line to have my car Serviced/Repaired. At this time they have replaced the Steering Position Sensor (Still has problem) two days ago the dealer was advised by TAC to replace the Steering gear (The Complete Rack Steering thing underneath the truck) and what do you know, it had the same issue 2 blocks away from the dealer. I am frustrated to no end and I find it hard to believe I am the only one with this issue. Please if you know of any fix or have had similar issues I would LOVE to hear from you, This is my last resort before I guess I go to CMD to beg for a re purchase as I just can't handle this anymore its making me crazy !
Thank you for reading my long Post.

Tahoe Lover

NowakPE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What trouble codes are being thrown? Starting with all the trouble codes should help the technician properly diagnose things. Maybe even try a different dealer if you can.

Active handling stuff can "flake out" over a minor flaw or something more major. It can be fairly easy to check on some of the minor stuff. I would check your electrical system, starting with the battery. Make sure you do a load test on the battery and not just check voltage. Also make sure the battery cables are properly tightened. If these things check out, then I would check all the grounds in the electrical system. Check them for looseness and corrosion. Yes, a loose/corroded ground can cause a lot of gremlins in these newer vehicles. From there, things start to get more complicated. Here is where the trouble codes can really help pin things down....