Voice Recognition/GPS Nav Failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

superpa12

Reaction score
I have a 2015 Tahoe LTZ. I have the same GPS failure that has been discussed in a different thread. However at the same time I lost the GPS, I also lost the ability to use the voice recognition for hands free calling. From what I can tell the system simply cannot hear my voice commands. It seems that the two problems are somehow related as I noticed them at the same time. Anyone else have a similar issue? Very frustrating considering I use the hands free phone feature frequently

NowakPE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In our case, the voice command feature continued working just fine. Have you tried re-pairing your phone to the system?

Bmpnugls

Reaction score
If it can't recognize you speaking then I would say your microphone in the headliner is bad.

superpa12

Reaction score
The dealership has determined the GPS antenna has failed. A new one has been ordered. They said it could also cause the voice recognition not to work. The OnStar system was also inop. I will report back once the repair is complete.