Music from thumb drive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adam P

Reaction score
This might be the wrong venue for this question, but I'm trying to figure out how to make a playlist for music I saved to a 128 GB thumb drive that I'm using in place of my iPod Classic in my 2015 Tahoe LT. The interface in the new Tahoes has an issue with continuously disconnecting the iPod Classic, so I just decided to save all of my music to a large capacity thumb drive and call it good. I just keep it plugged into the hidden USB port behind the touch screen. It works great so far, but I'm trying to figure out how to either transfer my playlists to the thumb drive and it work, or just create the playlist through some other method and save it to the thumb drive. I tried just copying and pasting the playlist file from iTunes, but that didn't work. I'd appreciate any guidance or wisdom you folks might have.

Thanks,
AP

RiverRunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll need to create folders on the thumb drive on your computer, then copy and paste the songs from your iTunes playlists to the folders. I used a 32gig SD card, and use the SD card slot in the center console instead of a USB thumb drive. It should work the same. Then you'll need to let the Tahoe's system index the music on the device. It takes about 10 minutes if you've got a large music collection. Then on the Tahoe's radio, select the device with the music and look for "Folders" your folders should show up along with the music in them.