2015 Tahoe LT seat + back pain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Organs_Rare

Reaction score
Hello all,

It could be because of my poor core strength, but my lower back starts to kill when driving over 45 minutes. It feels as though the lumbar support is pushing against my back, even though I have it turned down as far as it goes. It's like the seat has no give at the lower part of my back. Does anyone else feel this way or am I just going crazy? I bought the vehicle used and it's still under the GM Warranty but not sure there is anything I could do if it's just the way it's designed.

RiverRunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only drive mine on trips, saddled for 4-6 hours at a time. I have had no back pain, sitting in it and have experienced pain on the same trips in my Mercedes Benz E550.

I do notice that the lumbar adjustment is minimal, maybe your body geometry doesn't fit well with that seat. I suggest going to the dealer and sitting in some other Tahoes to see if it's just yours. If not, and you like the vehicle, look at a padded seat cover. I had to do that on my Benz when it was new.

Do you have this pain while sitting in any other vehicle?

Organs_Rare

Reaction score
I do have some pain in my mazda 3, but it feels like I've been sitting in the car for 3 hours instead of 30-45 minutes. I had my brother driving it today and he said he started to feel it. He described the back strain like when you sleep wrong on your neck, only in your back.

I did buy the tahoe used, so maybe the seat has just been blown out since then, as the passenger side feels like it has more cushion. Kind of concerning only after 30,000 miles. When I get a chance I will see if the dealer will or can do anything to add some padding. Just seeing if other people may have experienced this or not.