Code for paint/interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adam P

Reaction score
I have a 2015 Tahoe Z71 that I fell in love with because it stood out to me due to a unique paint color and interior. The problem with that is that although I have the build sheet for it, I can't find what Chevy calls that color. If I ever need to do touchups, I have no idea what color to get. I downloaded the printbook with the RPO codes listed, but ZY1 isn't listed in it. My build sheet says Slate Grey Metallic, but it's neither metallic or slate grey (more of a blueish grey). I noticed the code ZY1 Solid Paint at the bottom. Does anybody know where else I could look to find what the code for my paint color is?

I also can't figure out which one of the codes in the build sheet is my interior color. It says Black/Dark Ash, but they're light grey leather seats (not the dune). I want to get the pull shade cover for the cargo area, but all I see for options is Black, Dune, or Cocoa and I'd like to ask Chevy if it comes in my interior's color (if I can figure out what the interior's called).

I would just take it to a dealer and ask, but I'm overseas right now, and the Chevy Customer Service folks don't seem to be all that knowledgeable. God bless 'em, they try, but just not experienced enough I guess.

I attached my build sheet. If you need a printbook, you can get it here: http://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/vehiclesel.jsp?year=2015&regionID=1&divisionID=1 . I'd really appreciate any help/advice.

Thanks,
AP

Attachments

• Tahoe's Build Sheet.doc
    24 KB · Views: 8

Heymatt

Reaction score
Looks like the paint code is G1C Slate gray metallic. The ZY1 just means it's a solid color. Jet black/ dark ash is your interior color H2V, based on the build sheet provided.
Should be able to go to Chevrolet website and confirm codes.

Adam P

Reaction score
The odd thing is that it's not Slate Gray Metallic, and the interior isn't Jet Black/Dark Ash. The paint isn't metallic at all and the interior is a light gray Here's are some pics so you can see what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• Tahoe Exterior.jpg
    Tahoe Exterior.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Tahoe Interior.jpg
    Tahoe Interior.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 11

Heymatt

Reaction score
Still have the window sticker? When you pulled your build sheet, did you use the VIN on the window sticker or the VIN on the dash?

Adam P

Reaction score
If I do, it's somewhere on a boat in the middle of the Atlantic right about now. I don't remember if I got the window sticker or not. I got the VIN off the paperwork from the dealership.

Heymatt

Reaction score
Once the vehicle gets to you, verify the VIN on the vehicle matches your paperwork. Mistakes happen......

WiredAVS

Reaction score
You have Slate Grey Metallic(G1C) and Jet/DarkAsh(H2V) Interior. 100% positive on this.

WiredAVS

Reaction score
Slate Grey Metallic G1C
Touch-up Paint WA-402Y

You might find the WA number (402y) or the (G1C) number on the Service Identification Sticker in the glove box. At the bottom of the sticker it should list BC/CC. The number/letters after the BC/CC are the paint code. I would go look in my Wifes new 2016 SlateGreyMetallic but its not here until tomorrow.

Take a picture of the sticker in the glove box and post it

Adam P

Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks for the advice. Once it arrives in a few weeks that'll be the first thing I look at. Thanks again.

WiredAVS

Reaction score
Got the wife's Tahoe in today and sad to say but the exterior paint code is not listed on the sticker in the glovebox behind the BC/CC. So don't be upset if yours is not listed either.

Adam P

Reaction score
Damn, I was hoping that it would be that easy. You would think that Chevy would have all of your vehicle's info readily available through the Owner's Center website, or at least available through Customer Service. I don't think Customer Service has ever been able to answer a question that I've asked them. It's no fault of theirs, they aren't provided the info to give us. Oh well. The hunt continues. Thanks, again. Hope you and your Wife enjoy your new Tahoe.

WiredAVS

Reaction score
GM did the same thing when the 14 trucks rolled out. They left the paint code out after the BC/CC. it wasn't until the late 14 early 15 trucks that they started putting it back in that location. No worries though as I just checked mine and its not listed after the BC/CC but the G1C is listed in the RPO codes.
So get the WA-402y paint stick and you will be fine.