2015 Tahoe LT Outside Smells With Vents Closed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Qwest

Reaction score
On every vehicle I've ever owned since the 90s, if you don't want to smell outside smells like when you're driving past an area you know there's a dead skunk in or behind a vehicle spewing smelly exhaust I've always been able to just hit the recirculation button and block out outside smells.

Well it seems with my 2015 Tahoe with 8,000 miles (bought it preowned couple weeks ago) when I hit that button I still get outside smells as if I didn't hit anything. Anyone else having this issue? Is it a known problem?

I don't want to believe they built a $50k vehicle that isn't as air tight as a 2004 GMC Envoy. (My trade in)

linytahoe

Reaction score
I have the same problem, I have mine since 2014 of June, wasn't bad at first but now its like it dosent even work at all

Qwest

Reaction score
Turns out this may have just been operator error on my part. I didn't know that you have to hit both the recycle air button and the button that blows air from the face level vents. If you select any other button or don't have that button selected it will let in outside air.

One caveat, it doesn't seem to matter if you select or deselect the A/C button.