Irritating Horn Toot Alert

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leafman60

Reaction score
How do I program the darn thing off??

If my '15 Z71 is running, I put it in PARK and get out and close the door, it toots the horn to apparently alert me that the motor is running.

I've looked through the Vehicle Personalization menu (Passive Locks, Fob Functions etc) and I have not found the option that affects this feature.

Anybody have any advice, know where to go to turn this off??

jeetaa

Reaction score
this annoys the **** outta me as well. cant find a way to turn it off

leafman60

Reaction score
this annoys the **** outta me as well. cant find a way to turn it off

Well, darnit. I was hoping someone had found the magic cure to toggle this function to off.

Maybe it's tied in to another programmable function that, when turned off, will cease the annoying horn toot.

If you vehicle is running and you get out to momentarily do something, the horn toots. I've irritated neighbors etc with it by getting out to get my newspaper or something. People come out to check on you since they think you are blowing your horn for them!

jeetaa

Reaction score
Well, darnit. I was hoping someone had found the magic cure to toggle this function to off.

Maybe it's tied in to another programmable function that, when turned off, will cease the annoying horn toot.

If you vehicle is running and you get out to momentarily do something, the horn toots. I've irritated neighbors etc with it by getting out to get my newspaper or something. People come out to check on you since they think you are blowing your horn for them!

haha i totally feel u. i am getting myself used to leaving the driver door open a little bit if im getting out for few seconds.