Adding Carplay to a 2015 Tahoe...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bighurk

Reaction score
It looks very tempting! I am only hoping that later on down the road, someone figures out a way to get CarPlay to work on 2015s instead of paying additional money to get the feature. Most of us paid a lot of money to buy the 2015 and having to pay another 1300 to get the feature is just crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Qwest

Reaction score
Still waiting for android auto. I'm thinking both will eventually become fairly widely available. It's a toss up as to wether dealers will offer it but the aftermarket should have this available shortly after the march update for 2016 models if they dont.

1500 is a ripoff but considering the price point of these vehicles and the potential this feature unlocks I'd pay that in a heartbeat.

savaiusini

Reaction score
So, I contacted the guys at OEM Auto with a few questions. I discovered that the only USB port that is compatible with CarPlay is the front port; Not the one in the armrest console and not the one behind the pop-up screen. This is a dealbreaker for me. I keep my phone connected to the USB in the console because I don't like seeing wires.

Curious if this is also the same for the new 2016 models from the factory. Seems like a huge miss in my opinion to not have the same functionality from all the USB ports.