Bully Dog Tuner 09 Tahoe Settings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goblue90

Reaction score
Hey guys, so first time trying this out and brand new to the car game so I am looking for some solid advice so I can do it right the first time. Just bought a 2009 PPV Tahoe. Looking to get the most out of this thing as I can. So far this is what I am working with:

Aftermarket:
Cold air intake
Full cat back MBRP exhaust
Pacesetter Long tube headers with mid pipe to remove cats

So my next project is tuning it. I am unable to go all out and get a dyno done or black bear I believe it is called (remember still brand new). So i was given a bully dog tuner as a gift and am looking for the best settings to get the most performance i can out of what i have installed.

Any help would be great

rh2256

Reaction score
I am running the bully dog tuner on mine, if you set everything to performance you will get better gas mileage and and it will be much more responsive. I found if i leave the shift points to stock i will average 19 mpg in the city and 22 on the highway. 2005 chevy tahoe Z71

Doclizardo

Reaction score
shift points

I'm left wondering if my 2012 ppv has the right or wrong shift points. It trys to stay in the 1000 to 2000rpm range but this seems very far from what feels like the right range of 2000 to 3500rpm which seems to be at the best power curve zone.
Also curious if anyone has found the 4 cyl mode of value?