Drivers seat seams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brn2skifst

Reaction score
Has anyone had a problem with the drivers seat seams being very pronounced and uncomfortable? The passenger seat seems fine as well as the rear buckets. 2016 LT. Thanks

3sons66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had a problem with the drivers seat seams being very pronounced and uncomfortable? The passenger seat seems fine as well as the rear buckets. 2016 LT. Thanks

Yes! the piping on the seats actually hurt after a few hours of driving. Ridiculous seat design.

JD3020

Reaction score
I have the same issues with the drivers seat on my 2017 LT. The edges of the seat bite into my thighs after a few miles and the center of the seat is crowned like you are sitting on a dinner plate turned upside down. The passenger seat is much more comfortable. Anyone have any thoughts or solutions? The drivers seat is uncomfortable enough that it would have been a deal breaker if I had noticed it before I closed the deal.

JD3020

Reaction score
After digging a little further I have learned that a couple of the factors involved are 1) The size of the driver. The wider your behind is the more weight you will put on the edges of the seat. The more weight you put of the edges of the seat the more they will bite into your behind. 2) Since 2015 GM has installed Driver Safety Alert Seats in a lot of their vehicles, including Tahoes, Yukons, Silverados, Sierras, and others. The Haptic Motors used as lane departure warning devices are installed in or under the edges of the drivers seat. So that might explain why the drivers seat is not as comfortable as the front passenger seat.

I have talked to both a Chevy dealer and a GMC dealer. Neither acknowledged that they have heard the complaint. I have also contacted an upholstery shop. They were familiar with the complaint but hesitant to modify the seat because of all the safety related hardware that is built into the seat. So I am still looking for a solution other than trading my Tahoe for a different vehicle.

Miami-Dade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After digging a little further I have learned that a couple of the factors involved are 1) The size of the driver. The wider your behind is the more weight you will put on the edges of the seat..

I probably do not notice it in my 2016 Tahoe LT as I only weigh 135lbs.

JD3020

Reaction score
Update to my 03-28-2017 post. After months of trial and error I have finally found a driver seat adjustment that at least for me has greatly reduced the upper leg pain caused by having to sit on the Haptic (vibrating) motors built into the edges of the drivers seat. The solution was to use the seat adjuster to lower the rear of the bottom seat cushion. That kind of formed a pocket for your butt to fit into and took a lot of pressure off of your thighs or upper legs. Simple, but it worked. We recently took a couple of 3-4 hour non-stop trips with no sign of the leg pain I was experiencing before.