Myron & Davis monitor issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Design

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought an 03 Tahoe and it came with the DVD/VCR combo and two Myron & Davis monitors for the second row. The one in the driver’s seat works great. However I can’t seem to get the one in the passenger’s side to power on. I am getting a green light indicating power is getting to the screen but I can’t actually get it to come on.
I’m hoping that someone here has run into this before and can give me some direction for fixing it or trouble shooting it. If I need to remove it from the headrest can some one tell me how?

Thanks in advance,

Jon

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
It's possible that the monitor is on another a/v source that isn't connected. Try pushing the source button to get toggle between the available sources. Those usually come with dual a/v inputs. It could also just be a bad monitor. The connections for the Myron Davis headrests should be coming out of the bottom of the seat and plugs into a small box. Follow the cable till you find the box and make sure everything is plugged in. The a/v cable may have come unplugged also.

Design

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll look for the connection first. I have tried the source button but it hasn't done anything. I can't even get the screen to say "No Signal" I'll update after I have fond the connector.

Thanks

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try locating the box that both monitors connect to get the video source and swap connections. If swapping them makes the passenger monitor work then it is probably the box or something else, if it does nothing then the monitor could be dead or a short in the monitor cable. My drivers side monitor does the same thing, the power light is on but no video, mine is a dead monitor. Hope this helps!!

Chris

Design

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Chris. I have tracked the cables and they go into the center console. I'll have to open that up some time this weekend. But, that is a great suggestion about swapping the source to test.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem man, that was how I found out that mine was dead. Also do what J/K said as well, that may also be the problem, even if you just swap the connections and you still don't get a pic on the monitor. If you have any more questions, don't be afraid to ask, there's plenty of knowledgable people on here that can help, including myself!! Good luck!!:thumbsup:

Design

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I traced all my connections and it appears that I have a dead monitor. Green power light but no signal even when I swap to the good one.

So, How do I remove the monitor from the headrest. I see four screws that hold the trim ring in but I can't figure out how to remove the monitor by itself. I want to test it or hopefully find an enexpensive monitor only that I can put in.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not familiar with your brand of monitors but mine are the pre-installed Power Akoustic monitors that come already in a headrest, the cable runs through the headrest post so I have to get a replacement headrest with the monitor in it (unless I want to open up my monitor and unsoldier my hardwiring, which doesn't sound worth it to me). If the wire is on the outside of the post, then I would think it would be pretty easy to replace just the monitor.