XM Radio + 2007 Tahoe = Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AAHTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased a used 2007 Tahoe LT and do not have the original sticker. I am considering getting XM Radio but have a few questions.

1 - How do I find out if the installed CD / Radio is XM Radio "Ready?"

2 - I admit I am a little vain so I'd like an in-dash install w/CD - any recommendations?

3 - In researching after market units there are more on-dash units than there are in-dash units - why?

Please help! TIA ... AAHTahoe

Andy4639

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The easiest way is to look right above the drivers side on the roof. Is there a little v shaped antenna sitting there. If not it doesn't have Factory XM. Sorry

greenpig

Reaction score
GM has a XM Radio Add-on, It only works on some radios so you would have to check for sure if it would work on yours. The good thing is its a GM accessory and looks factory and plays through your exsisting radio and it would be covered by the rest of your factory warranty if installed by the dealer. It works with 07 Tahoe w/ RPO Code UEI, w/o RPO Code UM7, U1C. The part-no is 17801150 and we sell it for 200.00 installed. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.