Aftermarket NAvigation unit ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys ,

I was thinking of getting rid of my factory radio but whats holding me back is that I also have the secondary radio for the people in the back seat and it also is the unit that sends out the wireless signal so you can watch the movies in the truck with the wireless headphones. Anyways is there a way to get a unit and still retain the back radio ? or try to look for a delphi nav for my year in the truck?

rustic

Reaction score
on my kenwood dnx7100, you can set up zones with different sources. I have a Movievision dvd system that was installed previously and i ran some audio/video rca cables into the 7100.

mjbradeis

Reaction score
on my kenwood dnx7100, you can set up zones with different sources. I have a Movievision dvd system that was installed previously and i ran some audio/video rca cables into the 7100.

I have the same radio and love it! I also have the bluetooth and the sirius adapter, and love them. I have recently added a backup camera

ayeplussjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my dnx7100 as well. I think Kenwood is releasing the 7120 next month.

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so would it be better to assume to look for the 7120 when it pops out. Hey thanks for the info guys at least i can rest a little that I wont go insane on those long trips ..lol

ayeplussjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the major differences are between the 7100 and the 7120, but what I've noticed is that the 7120 has bluetooth integrated as opposed to having a seperate bluetooth module for the 7100. You can also change skins with the 7120. The 7120 is of course going to cost you more since it's newer, but the dnx7100 is a great unit.

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just like computers always a better model after 6 months :) i think i'm going to check out the 7100 since I do my own installs so adding a separate blue tooth isnt really a major cramp :)

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the major differences are between the 7100 and the 7120, but what I've noticed is that the 7120 has bluetooth integrated as opposed to having a seperate bluetooth module for the 7100. You can also change skins with the 7120. The 7120 is of course going to cost you more since it's newer, but the dnx7100 is a great unit.

Actually the 7120 doesn't have bluetooth integrated, the 8120 does. The 7120 is more the base model has some of the features but not all the top features. The 8120 Has all the top features because it is the excelon model.

http://kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entertainment/Mobile_Video_n_Navigation/Navigation/DNX7120

http://kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entertainment/eXcelon/Mobile_Video_n_Navigation/DNX8120

01DUBKON

Reaction score
pioneer also has a real nice dual zone/nav/dvd/bluetooth avic-n2, avic n3, ans just relesed n4 just got an n2 and its the $hit only paid 455 for it well worth it seeing as how retail on it is 1899