Headrest Monitors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im sure someone in here has this in their truck. Im planning out my A/V and Im looking at the Pioneer Avd-w700 7inch widecreen for my headrests. How was the wiring process? Did you use your factory headrests or did you buy an extra set?

ngdsracer

Reaction score
i was thinking about getting some for my 02. this way the kids could watch some movies on long trips...

TravisH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do headrests on a frequent basis. Depending on whether you go with prefabbed or not will determine how you run the wires by the pole. If you do go with prefab, most of the time the wires go thru the pole. If you cut your own in, then you will have to run them along pole, tucked underneath the plastic insert thru the seat. I usually find a channel where the back rest pivots so the wire doesn't get pinched. If you have a center console all the way up to the dash, then you have an easier time running the wires up to the radio or brain. If you don't, then try to run the wires thru a factory cut in the carpet underneath the seat. Pop off the floor paneling and run up to the radio that way. It's not too difficult. Almost all the paneling is just clips and pops out.

Hope this helps a little.

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt dare attempt to install these on my own. I was just wondering about finding a extra set of headrests, or do they have headrests with holes in them already for easier install

tah0e02

Reaction score
Heres a pic of my install I bout the replacement headrest with the monitor installed. Ive been told its much cheaper then to rip up the factory ones because the factory ones are way more expensive.
dcfc0471nx5.jpg

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they come with the monitors already or could you put in the ones u want.. because I have a monitor in mind that i want...

tah0e02

Reaction score
:umn: they came with the monitor already installed.