Help Wiring A Sub????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Weave

Reaction score
Ok it has been about 6 yrs since I have messed with the stereo stuff. I have a kicker amp 400x2 that can be bridged. However the part that I am having trouble with and drawing a blank is the speaker. I have a 2ohm speaker (Kicker) The amp runs at 4 ohm when it is bridged and I believe there is a way to switch my speaker to 4 ohm also. On the back of the speaker there are 2 pos and also two neg. Can someone pls help me out on this? It would be greatly appriciated!! Weave:confused2:

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to know if its Dual 2ohm sub. Model number will help too. Then I can take care of ya!

Weave

Reaction score
Thanks for the help!!! Guess I will be busy Saturday now doing the BIG 3 and installing my amp and speaker. Thanks again!!!!!

Weave

Reaction score
one more? My amp has the high level inputs. Would I be better off using them or using the LOC that I already have? I think it would be easier just doing the high level but will I be losing sound quality? Thanks for the help and input guys!

Last edited:

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A good loc will sound better but the basic cheap locs will sound as good as high levels, save your money and buy a good loc later or a factory interface that bumps up the preout voltage (jl clean sweep, peripheral, etc)
SVEN2.jpg

http://peripheralelectronics.com/products.aspx?ProductID=173

TravisH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You aren't going to notice much of a difference either way you go when you are using it for a subwoofer. High level input would be just fine.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The input voltage from the HU will be really low. The LOC with a boosted pre amp voltage will reduce how far you will have to turn the gain up on your amp. Less gain equals cleaner signal and less chance of a clipped. Clipping makes the sub go "I hate you!" Boostaholic is on it!

I could keep going but thats all you need.

Weave

Reaction score
Thanks again for the help guys. I am heading to the fire station to do the installs.(Am a firefighter) Will snap some pics and try to get them on here when I get done!!