2001 Yukon no LATCH? Are they available?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mlepage

Reaction score
Argh, I said I'd never buy another car without LATCH (got 3 kids, having another). Most of the reason I got the 2001 Yukon was due to needing the room.

It didn't occur to me that such an upscale, recent vehicle wouldn't have LATCH, but it doesn't. So I'm using seat belts and locking clips again. What a hassle?

Are there any options for having LATCH installed into the rear seat? How much would this operation typically cost? Who does this?

Why doesn't it have LATCH? Did it require a redesign of the seats or something?

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
congrats on the family addition! ...

I got the anchor latch on my 04 it's the seats themselves that contain the latch... it looks like it's ingraded in the bottom of the seat. ebay may be an option for the seats :)

mlepage

Reaction score
Thanks. Do those 2004 seats also fold differently, or the same?

My 2001 second seat folds like this... the seat base pivots on its nose while the rear of the seat raises, until it's vertical on its nose right behind the front seats. Then, the seat back pivots on its foot to the floor (the heat rest folds back when this is done) lying it's lying down (almost where the seat used to be) right behind the now-vertical seat.

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
right on the target ...the latch is located at the base on spine of the seat the one that lays forward flat . i have only the center one in a way it kinda sucks if you have more than one car seat like myself i need 2 at one time :)

mlepage

Reaction score
So there's only LATCH for one seat, not three? That kinda blows. I need three. I will need four. (I have the third seat.) And if I transport nieces/nephews, five or six.

The whole point of having a big vehicle like this is the ability to transport a lot of people. And that includes children. Laws (and prudence) require them to be properly restrained. And this is easier with LATCH.

Last edited: