6 disc Changer compatible?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EZStreet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any of you technical guys know if a 6 disc Bose changer from an 04 trailblazer will work to replace the factory bose unit in my 03 Yukon slt?

Here's the specs:

The GM number on the changer is 15083394. The rear connectors are for the antenna, the 24 grey pin connector and the 12 black pin Onstar connector.

Thanks

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Should work with no problems. As far as I know, the pin locations are the same for 03-06.

EZStreet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response JK.

So the pins for the 04' trailblazer and the 03' tahoe are the same, That's good. Anything else you think I would need to make it work? Or should the trailblazer bose just plug right in and fit in the dash w/o any mods?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the mounting tabs are the same as well as the face and chassis size.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
You have to be gentle on transporting and moving them around while they are out of the vehicle. When you are removing or installiing the units, keep them as upright as possible while they are plugged in and leave the ignition cylinder in the OFF position while plugging/unplugging the unit. Not that they are bad units, but overall I tend to see more problems with these than the single cd units. There are a lot more moving parts involved, so naturally more chances of something going wrong.