new tahoe owner needs help lowering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hype143

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just purchased an 07 LTZ and I had a few questions. I tried to search the forums first but couldnt really find all the answers to my questions.

1) how do I know if I have autoride or not? I assume the wire connected to my shock answers that question, but I dont know?

2) I am putting 24 x 10 Dakar Senators +30 offset with a 305/35 tire and I know I want to lower it some, my main question is can I just buy the 1.5/2.5 lowering springs and not have to mess with the shocks?

3) if not, what are your recommendations?

Thanks in advance for the help!

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rods which are connected to the shock sensors may be affected. this means a different length rod may be needed.
I know on mine I went with the Pedders setup and the rods had to be changed, which Pedders also makes. You'll see these rods in frt and rear if you pull the wheels. Also strut snubbers in frt needed to be trimmed 1" on mine.
I had mine done along with the Stabilizer link and bar bushings frt and rear.
I used the Pedders springs and bushings. "The PeddersMan" on this board did the install for me. His shop is located in PA. Or you can just have him send you parts you need and do it yourself. I'm just lazy...:rolleyes:
See this thread......you'll see the new rods, they're RED
http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=4853

Last edited:

the pedders man

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just purchased an 07 LTZ and I had a few questions. I tried to search the forums first but couldnt really find all the answers to my questions.

1) how do I know if I have autoride or not? I assume the wire connected to my shock answers that question, but I dont know?

2) I am putting 24 x 10 Dakar Senators +30 offset with a 305/35 tire and I know I want to lower it some, my main question is can I just buy the 1.5/2.5 lowering springs and not have to mess with the shocks?

3) if not, what are your recommendations?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Yes you can Just buy the springs.....Frank

S

scott_mckinney

I went with the Eibach kit, due to pricing, and love it, amazing quality and performance. Very easy install as well, do it yourself no problem!