Rough Idling/Stalling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattsie2284

Reaction score
Hey, I have a 1995 Chevy Tahoe 2D 4x4 with the 5.7L engine. Recently, I have noticed that at low RPM's (approx 1200-1700) that the car is bogging and when I let off the gas, it begins to and sometimes does stall on me. I have not been able to find an answer from anyone, so I was hoping to get some help from the forum. I was thinking that it could be my fuel filter, but if you have any recommendations, please let me know.

Thanks.

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the fuel filter would be a good place to start. It sounds like you're not getting enough fuel flow in the lower RPMs, when the pump isn't drawing very much. A clogged filter could slow it down enough to cause the issues you're describing. Check your plugs and wires too, if they haven't been changed recently. It really sounds like the fuel filter, but when in doubt check the cheap stuff first. ;)

bonafyd

Reaction score
Pull your airbox tube to expose the throttle body and spray a throttlebody/intake cleaner in there and you'll be good as new for a while, you'll need someone to rev the ingine while you spray but that's minor. the problem is built up gunk inside your throttle body,this is a common problem with Chevy/GMC suv's.

mickey_7106

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the fuel filter would be a good place to start. It sounds like you're not getting enough fuel flow in the lower RPMs, when the pump isn't drawing very much. A clogged filter could slow it down enough to cause the issues you're describing. Check your plugs and wires too, if they haven't been changed recently. It really sounds like the fuel filter, but when in doubt check the cheap stuff first. ;)

Pull your airbox tube to expose the throttle body and spray a throttlebody/intake cleaner in there and you'll be good as new for a while, you'll need someone to rev the ingine while you spray but that's minor. the problem is built up gunk inside your throttle body,this is a common problem with Chevy/GMC suv's.

:iagree: