Rough Idling/Stalling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattsie2284

Reaction score
Hey, I have a 1995 Chevy Tahoe 2D 4x4 with the 5.7L engine. Recently, I have noticed that at low RPM's (approx 1200-1700) that the car is bogging and when I let off the gas, it begins to and sometimes does stall on me. I have not been able to find an answer from anyone, so I was hoping to get some help from the forum. I was thinking that it could be my fuel filter, but if you have any recommendations, please let me know.

Thanks.

bhwakeboarder

Reaction score
It does sound like a possible fuel delivery problem, but how does it do at higher RPM under acceleration? If its fine there you might be looking at something else. Also is the check engine light or anything on?

I would be looking at...
Ignition/firing problems - distributor, plug wires, plugs.
Fuel system - filter or pump (is the pump whining?)

Maybe that will get you started.

mattsie2284

Reaction score
bhwakeboarder said:
It does sound like a possible fuel delivery problem, but how does it do at higher RPM under acceleration? If its fine there you might be looking at something else. Also is the check engine light or anything on?

I would be looking at...
Ignition/firing problems - distributor, plug wires, plugs.
Fuel system - filter or pump (is the pump whining?)

Maybe that will get you started.

Well, up until today, it was doing fine at RPMs above 1700. But while i was on the freeway today, at 2200 RPMs and even up to 3000 RPMs it had major delay and it felt like it wanted to just die on me.

The check engine light isnt on or anything, and the only other thing i need to do at this point is change the air filter, but i was having this problem even when i changed my air filter the last time.