Cd / Aux ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mlepage

Reaction score
My new-to-me 2001 Yukon has a button on the stereo system labeled CD/AUX. I can play CDs fine, but what is AUX? Is there some place I can plug in an iPod? Is this some sort of hidden connection internally, e.g. for hooking up a trunk MP3 player?

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
usually if you have the roof DVD player it allows you to pipe the sound through your stereo head unit using the cd aux button instead of having to use the wireless headsets.
:)

AJFireman

Reaction score
Same question for 2006 Tahoe

Any help on where the AUX in might be located. Will probably tear apart the dash just for fun this weekend to see if there is one.

mlepage

Reaction score
I'd like to know too. Could I use this to install an FM modulator? So I can connect an iPod mp3 player?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
You can buy an adapter that tees into the aux harness in the back of your radio to allow you to hook up an Ipod or just about any other aux audio source. Peripheral makes one that will charge your Ipod and let you control the ipod through the factory stereo by using the aux button as another source.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Also, before anyone starts tearing into it, there is not a typical mini jack aux plug behind the stereo.

GM4me

Reaction score
hey all,

I tried to install the peripheral kit this weekend. i have the single disc in dash cd am / fm factory radio, with the cd-aux button. i couldn't get the ipod to sync with the stereo, but i was getting power thru the connections because the ipod was charging. i double checked all the connections and the config on the peripheral unit (99 tahoe btw).

any hints? i read thru the tahoe user manual to find info on factory remote cd changer usage, but there was nothing in it. it only referred to a "remote" tape or cd single disc player. is there something quirky about the factory in dash cd am/fm radio?

many thanks

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
hey all,

I tried to install the peripheral kit this weekend. i have the single disc in dash cd am / fm factory radio, with the cd-aux button. i couldn't get the ipod to sync with the stereo, but i was getting power thru the connections because the ipod was charging. i double checked all the connections and the config on the peripheral unit (99 tahoe btw).

any hints? i read thru the tahoe user manual to find info on factory remote cd changer usage, but there was nothing in it. it only referred to a "remote" tape or cd single disc player. is there something quirky about the factory in dash cd am/fm radio?

many thanks

Did you get one made for the pre-2000 models? The only ones I have been able to get are the 2000-2006 model adapters.

GM4me

Reaction score
I ran thru the application guides again, the part #'s check out for 1999....but..... I also found this in the online guide that was not in the paper pamphlet that came with it...

PXDP: Not compatible with any factory external audio source such as: XM tuner, CD changer, or Cassette player. These devices must be disconnected during the installation and will no longer function. GM vehicles 1998 – 2004 not equipped with a factory slave may not be able to support an external device. Therefore the PXDP may not be compatible. If you are an experienced installer, you can retain XM. Please follow this link to the Tech Brief to retain XM: http://peripheralelectronics.com/web/tech_dept.asp. 1995-1999 Radios with built in
CD player (Except Corvette) are NOT compatible because they do not have CD changer control functions.

So for anyone with 1995-1999....

BTW.... thanks for the quick response :D