OT- but would appreciate an answer (HID Kit ? in fogs of a different gm vehicle)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i know this aint a buick enclave forum, but we seem to have some AWSOME HID guru's here. i have a question on the buick enclave.

the buick has stock Bi-xenon D1S 4300k HIDS in stock HID projectors.

it also has Projector Fogs that have a very nice cut off and can be aimed just like a regular HID projector the bulb they use is an H11 but even then they are not that bright.

do you think it would be ok to stick a 4300k H11 kit in there? Would it be legal since its a projector? do you think it could handle the heat ( i think their glass but im not really sure, its a metal housing with a glass projector)

also would 4300k look stock or is there a better color.

and the battery in the enclave is actully in the middle of the vehicle right behind the center console. but there are points in the engine bay for jumping the battery, i have seen those points used for power, but remember using the points on the yukon with not that good of results. would the enclave be any different?

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR ANY INFO!!

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couple of thangs:

1) VERIFY that the housings are metal and glass if you're not 100% sure; sounds you need to take 'em out and check.

2) IF the current bulbs are 35W or higher, I'd say you're fine to put in HIDs. They may be H11 size, but a lower wattage... Remember most HIDs are 35W.

3) MEASURE the length of the glass part of the bulb to ensure you can physically fit an H11 HID bulb in there.

4) GO WITH 4300K or 5000K since that's probably what GM put in the headlights...

5) POST PICS of before and after, when you're done!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couple of thangs:

1) VERIFY that the housings are metal and glass if you're not 100% sure; sounds you need to take 'em out and check.

2) IF the current bulbs are 35W or higher, I'd say you're fine to put in HIDs. They may be H11 size, but a lower wattage... Remember most HIDs are 35W.

3) MEASURE the length of the glass part of the bulb to ensure you can physically fit an H11 HID bulb in there.

4) GO WITH 4300K or 5000K since that's probably what GM put in the headlights...

5) POST PICS of before and after, when you're done!

1) dang, plastic with glass lense. crap housing if you ask me.
2) but the bulb says 55 watt so i guess
3) i think thats gunna be an issue, its preety tight in there and there are not that many places to mount ballasts.

4) definatly gunna get 4300k as gm used 4300k in the stock ones.

5) DEFINATLY if i do the mod.

6) got to run it by the boss, this is my dads car, i think he needs it and i gotta convince him. but he says the stock hids are bright enough (they are very bright so i dont blame him but, it would look so much better with hid fogs and be even brighter)