Tweeter Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Annihilator

Reaction score
What brand/size of tweeter would be a good replacement for our stock ones?

Last edited:

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i believe they told me the size for those front tweeters were 1 inch.. and they also siad you would have to do modding of your own for any tweeter out there to fit in it. saying you have to make a little box or such out of wood, as they told me.... what im going to do with mine is buy idc what size, but il buy some tweeters and mount them into the front A pillars and eather unplug or take out the old stock ones.. soo hope this gives u something to look off of.. have u ever been to crutchfield.com ???? its a GREAT website for what your looking for.. click outfit my car and type in your yr and such then hit tweeters under speakers.. itll tell u what u have to do exactly to make em fit or what...

Annihilator

Reaction score
Yea, I checked them out. All they said about the tweeters was that I would have to custom install them. I didn't know if anyone already did this with little modification or not. Thanks though.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was running diamond components with 1" tweets in my tahoe in the stock location. Imaged fairly well and they were an easy fit in the stock trim piece.

clean95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bought some infinity components and iinch tweeters sounds awsome the rear's had intergrated tweeters in the infinity speaker. sounds awsome

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can take any 1 inch tweeter and they fit in the stock location perfectly. Ive got powerbass 2XL tweeters and 4XL mids in the doors. it screams. i might put some tweets in the pillar for a little more high, but im not sure yet.

qlc1964

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i took the factory tweets out for my kenwood 6 1/2 componets .

i use a hot glue gun after i angeled the tweets toward the seats. the glue is still holding

the in place.