GM XM Radio Antenna Leaks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AAHTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone hear any reports of the GM XM Radio kit used on 2006 Chevys leaking around the antenna mount? I've got a dealership in Arizona trying to convince me to wait for the upgraded 2007 version of the kit instead of installing the 2006 because it leaks when installed on 2007 Tahoes. Have you heard of this or is the dealership just trying to sell me a more expensive kit & install?

Thank you!

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know why the wait as I just had mu 07 Yukon XM antenna replaced last week. It was broken loose from the roof and since the repair has not leaked (been thru car washes). It only took one day to get the new antenna. I am in AZ also.

AAHTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
07 Yukon In AZ

genestoy said:
Don't know why the wait as I just had mu 07 Yukon XM antenna replaced last week. It was broken loose from the roof and since the repair has not leaked (been thru car washes). It only took one day to get the new antenna. I am in AZ also.

Dealership says that the upgrade kit for 07 Tahoes / XM Ready radios is on back order. Has 2006 kits in stock but has had problems in the AZ heat with the antenna leaking (Hole drilled in roof - heat from metal roof does not do well with plastic mount.). I'm starting to feel that this accessories manager is blowing smoke and I should try another dealership.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't say where in AZ you are, but if in the Phoenix area call Chad at Sands Chevrolet in Glendale at 623-842-5279. He will give you the correct answer.

AAHTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
07 XM Radio Install Kits

genestoy said:
You don't say where in AZ you are, but if in the Phoenix area call Chad at Sands Chevrolet in Glendale at 623-842-5279. He will give you the correct answer.

Sorry about that - I live in South Tempe less than a quarter of a mile from Freeway Chevrolet and I keep getting what I feel is the run around from them. Stuff like the part has to come from the local GM warehouse - after a few hours they sent the wrong kit - the warehouse is out of the 2007 kit have to get it from Calif overnight (Friday - should be in Monday) - kit does not come in Monday and the Calif warehouse is not answering the phone - did I mention that the accessories manager keeps taking my name and number and never calls back I have had to call him four times. I'm ready to choke somebody - it does not have to be this hard to get a straight answer. Either you have it or you don't - either you want to install it or you don't. Pretty simple stuff. (Sorry - I'm finished ranting! LOL)