amp stays on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Design

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed my amp and it won't power off. I have an 03 Tahoe with the BOSE system. I used the PAC wire harness adaptor to add the amp preouts and keep the factory head unit. The PAC harness says to tap the pink wire for the amp remote, which is what I did. Howerver after running my main power to the amp from the battery it won't power down when I turn the truck off.

Do I need to actually turn the radio itself off or do I have the wrong wire tapped?

I finished it durring my lunch hour so I just had to disconect the remote wire in a hurry. I haven't tried actually powering off the radio to see if that works.

Thanks,
Jon

Design

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found this previously written by the Mighty JKMotorsports

"For the remote turn-on, you can use the dk green wire on the radio harness for pre-03 models. For 03-up models, there is no switched power at the radio harness. The orange and brown wire from the ign harness provides accessory power on all 00-07 models."

So I need to re-wire my remote wire.....Suckage

FergHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pink wire is your factory amp turn on. The reason it stays on is because the '03 and up use the front left speaker for key chime and door chime (stuff like that) use a switched ignition somewhere else. If you do use the pink wire, the amp will cutoff eventually but it will be a minute or so after you get out and shut all of the doors. Hope this helps.

Design

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, that does make sense. I thought I saw it power off then back on when I opened the door. I guess I just panicked not wanting to walk out to a dead battery after work.

Thanks for the help

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might want to double check with a test light while your under there. I ripped my whole truck apart trying to chase down the right connections and the test light confirmed the switched I needed for the remote.