front speaker repalacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panther5

Reaction score
Hey just got 2 new sets of sony speakers-figured out the back ones but was wondering if anyone knows how to access the speakers on the front doors (i have a 2 dr). Doesnt seem like the speaker grills just pry off... If anyone can help id appreciate it. Thanks

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i belive if those are the same as a 4dr.. those grilles dont come off if there the metal kind.. if there plastic loooking like ones, then they pop off.... but i have a 4dr so im not sure on your case..

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Door panel has to be removed. Roll the window down. This willmake it a little easier removing and installing the panel. Unsnap the corner mirror access trim (triangular trim on the top front corner of each door). Remove the trim around the interior door handle. It is snapped in place. You can use a pick tool or flat head screwdriver to pry this trim off. The door lock/window switch panel unclips. Remove it by pulling upwards, starting at the rear of the panel, then unplug the switches and tweeter. You should have a couple screws holding the door pull handle. Remove these. The perimeter of the panel is snapped into place. You can use a panel removal tool or a rigid putty knife to remove the panel. Once the perimeter is unclipped, pull upwards on the panel to remove the top of the panel from the lip of the door. That should be it. This is all from memory, but I believe I covered everything. If you hit a snag, PM me.

panther5

Reaction score
thanks

Thanks JK, thats what I was looking for, doesnt sound like it should be too hard.

jwpotts0413

Full Access Member
Reaction score
removing the door panel is a very simple process. just kind of nerve racking the first time because the clips that hold the door in place don't come loose without significant force applied to them. i broke a few clips changing my front door speakers, so u might wanna grab a few extra clips just in case.

having the proper door panel remover tool would probably make things way easier. I used a long flat chisel (i think) to pry/pop the clips loose