07 tahoe outside door handles HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drtyhoe

Reaction score
i have a 2007 tahoe. its the LS so it has the plastic black ones.
does anyone know how to take them off?
my drives side door one is like loose or something..i want to fix it before someone takes advantage & tries to break in & break it more!
THANKS (=

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Generally speaking you would usually take off the inside door panels and access it that way... but wouldn't it be better just to take it to the dealer under warranty (unless it looks like someone unreasonably broke it)?

06Evolved

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It isn't hard to do. Just take the door panel off with some metric sockets (10 or 12mm if I can remember) and then the handles are installed with only two bolts (10 or 12mm) and they lift right out. It isn't hard to do.

Mystic_angeleyes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My driver side came loose. Well actually it broke. Something about a clip on the inside. But i just took it to the dealer and they fixed it under warranty. It seems to happen alot too.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget to send pics of the project to the nearest dealership so they can either get a laugh or an education.