looking for a sports car????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey im in need of a sport kinda car.. something on the lines of subaru impereza.. but i heard they burn oil alot and engines dont last long.. i want a stick shift car.. any size engine.. what kind of cars do u think are the best out there to beat the hell out of.. well not literally, but i want a car eather turbod or supercharged.. perhaps under 6 grand or so.. any one help me out.. i was thinking about that impereza, a gtp, or something any one have any problems with anything?? or what

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ehhh yeah, but corvettes idk are expensive.. i dont lkie the look of the older ones.. comon now im 17 going to college.. lol.. i dont need a corvette.. ehhehe

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i havnt ever looked into em.. how much do they usually run about?? anything to watch out on them? bugs or such>?? would u happen to knoe how many horses or no?? thanks

SSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i havnt ever looked into em.. how much do they usually run about?? anything to watch out on them? bugs or such>?? would u happen to knoe how many horses or no?? thanks

They run about $20,000 - $25,000 brand new. I don't think you'll find one supercharged for $6,000.

Plenty of bugs to watch out for....let me know if you want the list....lol

They're rated at 205 from the factory but most put fown over 215 to the wheels :thumbsup:

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hah yea i didnt think so.. i dont have that kind of money for a brand new car.. im jsut looking for a used one.. hehehe thanks tho

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive had a grand prix gtp before and man i loved it.. never a buick regal.. maybe i should look again for a gtp or something.. anyone know anyone out there>> lol thanks

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tracking it???? ehh miatas ehh.. im not very big into thos.. maybe if it had a 5.0 in it.. and yes its possible with a kit they sell online.. itll fit everything to everything and such.. but noo thanks

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Budget? What do you want to do with the car? I've had great luck with 84-86 svo mustangs. 2.3L turbo will make 280/320 to the wheels with minimal mods, 5 lug wheels, koni struts, and they're cheap as hell in good condition ($3k-$5k). Cheapest fast car is a foxbody 5.0 with the cheapest turbo kit you can possibly piece together. Mine rips 11's all day with less than $3000 including the car, ugly as hell tho.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha well i have a 86 mercury capri.. idk if u know anything about em.. but its the exact same jsut a mercury not a mustang.. but i only have the 3.8 in it.. i cant find a good cheap built motor anywhere and then ill need a bigger rearend then too.. and i want my new car to be stick sooo.. ahh my budget.. about maybe 5 to 6 grand?? i didnt know those svos made that much horses. thats crazy..

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy a 100k 5.0 motor, cummins hx35 turbo, aem ems electronics, 9" with spool, cheap fueling(focus pumps and big injectors) cheap headers, duramax intercooler, and buy a built c4 trans and you'll be running 10s all day in the capri. Or buy a 1st generation awd talon/eclipse and sink 2k into trans and $1000 into a boost controller, 3" turboback, ported o2 housing and a fuel pump and it will be fun to twist and run 13 flat all day.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is a cummins turbo. isnt that for a diesel??? what do u mean by aem ems electronics... my bad but is a 9" with spool?? whats that... would i need to do anything with the motor?? building it up wise, maybe boring it, cam, crank and stuff???

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock 5.0 will hold about 600whp until it cracks the block in half. Cummins is a diesel turbo but with the aem computer you can tune it to dump fuel to spool it. If you're wary about all the turbo build stuff for a 5.0 I'd stick with a talon, cheapest fast car you can buy and they're fun as hell in the winter.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha forgot about that,, ahh maybe i will everyonce in a while.. but i need it more for a daily..