Mcgaughy's 3/5 Instructions????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

allando

Reaction score
Has anyone else gotten instructions for the rear on the 3/5 that says, "2000+ yukon/tahoe" instead of 07+? Also how would I tell if I got the wrong kit? IDK, maybe I just got the wrong instructions.:confused2:

noble

Reaction score
when i bought my rear 5" kit from them i also got the 2000+ instructions.... it must be the same way to instal it because it worked out fine for me...

EXCEPT!!!!! in the instructions it doesnt say to make sure you disconnect your sensor wires!! when i was lowering the rear axle to remove the factory coils i might have messed up the sensor wires at full droop..

NOW, my stabilitrac light, ABS light, and traction control light is on!!

it says on there instructions to make sure you read it carefully! I DID! and it said nothing about the sensor stuff.

i havent had a chance to check under there yet and see what could have gone wrong.. i just lowered it today so we'll see on my next day off.

allando

Reaction score
You might have stratched the wires & caused an open in the circuit.... Hopefully you know someone @ the dealership so they can warranty it for you. Yeah, I didn't reposition the sway bar like the instructions said to do. I just didn't see how doing that would make any sense, so I did my own thing. No problems so far....:thumbsup:

OCTAHOE

Reaction score
Is there a fuse you can pull to stop the sensor from going off? Mine is always on since I did the 24s and it drives me nuts.
B

allando

Reaction score
Is there a fuse you can pull to stop the sensor from going off? Mine is always on since I did the 24s and it drives me nuts.
B

Are you talking about the ABS light? You might have to reprogram the electronic brake control module (EBCM) to compensate for the larger diameter wheel/tire.

VadersOwnZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EXCEPT!!!!! in the instructions it doesnt say to make sure you disconnect your sensor wires!! when i was lowering the rear axle to remove the factory coils i might have messed up the sensor wires at full droop..

NOW, my stabilitrac light, ABS light, and traction control light is on!!

i havent had a chance to check under there yet and see what could have gone wrong.. i just lowered it today so we'll see on my next day off.

Noble, same thing happened to me when I dropped my ride. We put everything back together and and lo and behold all those warning lights you mentioned were on.

You will need to look under at the rear passendger side. I found a set of wires with a quick release plastic mechanism just hanging there obviously disconnected. It took some searching, but I eventually found the other end where it plugs in to. Like I said, mine was on the passenger side and I'm not sure if there is a similar one on the driver side, but look on the passenger side first. You should see the wires hanging around the suspension area. Sorry, I don't have a pic.

Anyways, once I reconnected the wires, the warning lights went out and I've had no problems since. Good luck.

TaHeezy4Sheezy

Reaction score
I just got the air bag helper kit for my 3/5... Has anybody put this on?

TaHeezy4Sheezy

Reaction score
I think Ima try to install mine on compressors.. If thats possible... Let me know.. Im curious how well this works!

Grocery Getter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am going to install the 3/5 drop kit on my 04 Tahoe this weekend. I picked up the kit and it only has instructions for the front. I was wondering if you could hook me up with the instructions for the rear. Let me know.....