Hummer H2 soon to be extinct?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
eh, i didn't care for them anyways. always thought they were overpriced, underpowered and not as capable as they should be. no skin off my nose, but there are some that surely are not thrilled about the news.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
eh, i didn't care for them anyways. always thought they were overpriced, underpowered and not as capable as they should be. no skin off my nose, but there are some that surely are not thrilled about the news.

UNDER POWERED!!!! they have a 400 hp 6.2 liter v-8. with a 6 Speed tranny

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UNDER POWERED!!!! they have a 400 hp 6.2 liter v-8. with a 6 Speed tranny

true, I only drove the 6.0 equipped models w/ the 4spd auto when they were first released around '02 and those things were pigs. Maybe that 6spd tranny helped them hustle a little better.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
true, I only drove the 6.0 equipped models w/ the 4spd auto when they were first released around '02 and those things were pigs. Maybe that 6spd tranny helped them hustle a little better.

i thought the 6.0 was ok, but yes the new 6.2 six speed is greatly appreciated, if they do stop production i will buy one from the last year (looks like 2010) :shy2:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like the H2, fits me like a glove. but i miss the H1 more. if getting rid of the h2 meant they brought back the H1 then thats fine by me. but the H3 is to tiny.

JAGastrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from a practicality standpoint, the Suburban has more room, is easier to maneuver, and gets much better mileage. Really, what is the big point of a hummer. Ive driven one. The only thing I like about the hummer is the nifty little keyhole switch to shut off the passenger airbag (or turn it on).