Factory Amp???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IROC Skillz

Reaction score
I have a 99 Yukon and the speakers are cutting out (all new infiniti), do any of you know if these trucks are equipped with a factory amp??? Sorry I posted in wrong section just can't figure out how to delete

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's ok the admin will move it when he gets around to it. When do the speakers tend to cut out? Do they cut out at any volume or just high volume when you are pushing them. If you are experiencing alot of distortion or clipping only when you run them hard and loud, then it's probably because your amp is clipping. I'm not sure if trucks in that year run straight off the head unit or if they have a seperate amp. But if you're getting bad sound quality at higher volumes, then it's probably a result of your speakers not getting the power they need.

Last edited:

IROC Skillz

Reaction score
Its at high volume its a clipping sound, Ive been told theres a factory amp I just cant seem to find it.

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your 99 is actually compatible up to 05 ...do you have the BOSE premium sound since at the time the amps only came with the BOSe and if you had one it was located in the center console towards the firewall on the floor

Also some models had the amp located in the back on the drivers side in the cargo area .