CD Player in Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trmitc

Reaction score
Everytime I insert a CD in my 2004 Tahoe, it is kicked back out. The stereo tells me to 'check CD'. Has anyone else had this problem?

Krash

Reaction score
Radio will not accept CD

Document ID# 1724898
2004 Chevrolet Tahoe - 2WD

Subject: CD Player Long Load-to-Play Time, Error Message, CD Does Not Return to Previous Track, CD Does Not Play, CD Does Not Eject, CD Stuck in Player, Radio Will Not Accept CD (Reprogram Radio) #04-08-44-020C - (11/09/2005)
2004-2005 Chevrolet Avalanche, Express, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe, TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer EXT with CD Player Radio (RPOs UB0 or UB1)

Condition some customers may comment on one of the following conditions:

• Long CD load-to-play time

• CD ejects with an error message of "CHECK CD"

• CD does not return to previous track after an ignition cycle

• Clock resets to 12:00

• CD does not play

• CD does not eject

• CD stuck in CD player

• Radio will not accept CD

Cause
A software anomaly within the radio has been found.

Correction
If the customer comments that the CD does not eject or the CD is stuck in the CD player, or the radio will not accept the CD, prior to programming the radio, perform the following steps.

Turn off the ignition.
Remove the radio fuse for a minimum of 30 seconds.
Reinstall the fuse, turn on the ignition and the radio.
Attempt to remove the CD by using the eject button or attempt to insert the CD.
If the CD was successfully removed or the radio accepted the CD, then proceed with reprogramming.
If the CD was not successfully removed or the radio did not accept the CD, then the radio must be removed for repair at an authorized Electronic Service Center.
Reprogram the radio with an updated software calibration. This new service calibration was released with TIS satellite data update version 10.0 available October 3, 2005. As always, make sure your Tech 2® is updated with the latest software version. Prior to entering TIS2000, enter the VIN into GM VIS to obtain the RPO codes of the radio and speaker configuration for the vehicle. This will allow for the correct calibration selection. Selecting the incorrect calibration for the vehicle configuration can damage the radio and lead to unnecessary delays in repair time. Once programming is completed, wait at least one minute after key-off to allow the radio to accept the new calibration.

Z71Heat

Reaction score
Get an Aftermarket head unit, you can get a nice one from Pioneer or alpine for under $200 bucks

jayhawk25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you should be able to get an adapter to keep your steering wheel controls. I put in an Alpine last month and very happy with it.

jayhawk25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
forgot about the original post i had a similar problem except mine would just say ERR and it seemed like it was getting worse when it got colder so i just put a new one in and now i have an ipod hook up too

Rons03Hoe

Reaction score
Document ID# 1724898
2004 Chevrolet Tahoe - 2WD

Subject: CD Player Long Load-to-Play Time, Error Message, CD Does Not Return to Previous Track, CD Does Not Play, CD Does Not Eject, CD Stuck in Player, Radio Will Not Accept CD (Reprogram Radio) #04-08-44-020C - (11/09/2005)
2004-2005 Chevrolet Avalanche, Express, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe, TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer EXT with CD Player Radio (RPOs UB0 or UB1)

Condition some customers may comment on one of the following conditions:

• Long CD load-to-play time

• CD ejects with an error message of "CHECK CD"

• CD does not return to previous track after an ignition cycle

• Clock resets to 12:00

• CD does not play

• CD does not eject

• CD stuck in CD player

• Radio will not accept CD

Cause
A software anomaly within the radio has been found.

Correction
If the customer comments that the CD does not eject or the CD is stuck in the CD player, or the radio will not accept the CD, prior to programming the radio, perform the following steps.

Turn off the ignition.
Remove the radio fuse for a minimum of 30 seconds.
Reinstall the fuse, turn on the ignition and the radio.
Attempt to remove the CD by using the eject button or attempt to insert the CD.
If the CD was successfully removed or the radio accepted the CD, then proceed with reprogramming.
If the CD was not successfully removed or the radio did not accept the CD, then the radio must be removed for repair at an authorized Electronic Service Center.
Reprogram the radio with an updated software calibration. This new service calibration was released with TIS satellite data update version 10.0 available October 3, 2005. As always, make sure your Tech 2® is updated with the latest software version. Prior to entering TIS2000, enter the VIN into GM VIS to obtain the RPO codes of the radio and speaker configuration for the vehicle. This will allow for the correct calibration selection. Selecting the incorrect calibration for the vehicle configuration can damage the radio and, lead to unnecessary delays in repair time. Once programming is completed, wait at least one minute after key-off to allow the radio to accept the new calibration.

I tried this on my 03 Tahoe with the "Check CD" error and didn't clear the problem, i even removed the positive battery cable and touch it to the negative side but same results, now my cruise control suddenly won't work.:confused2: any ideas' is appreciated.

NCYukon05

Reaction score
Awesome! I had a problem with my CD player not loading CD's, I removed the fuse for about 30 sec and it worked!