Re-locating subwoofer from console???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeCallery

Reaction score
I probably should go do a search first, but I am toying with pulling the sub-woofer out of the center console and moving it back to the cargo area, where it would be more efficient. I have a Bose system by the way.

Has anyone tore down the console and can the sub be effectively removed and moved back, or can it be removed and can I put an amplified boozoka tube in the rear.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll probably have to buy the sub housing that fits in the back, and then rerun the wires to the back.

MikeCallery

Reaction score
I could, but I could also buy an amplified bazooka tube and mount it to the cargo deck where the 3rd row would go. That is the configuration I had on two previous SUV's and it allowed me to move it when needed.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MY bad I thought you wanted to put it in the stock location like the 01-02 tahoes.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not even worth it, disconnect the stocker and build a custom enclosure with a single 8 or 10. With my stock rearsub disconnected in my 02 denali it sounds 100x better and the front and rear speakers don't clip because of the load I removed by unplugging the sub.

MikeCallery

Reaction score
What I'm trying to locate at this point is some type of schematic that shows me how this thing is wired, installed, bolted, etc. Anyone have any ideas or could point me to how this thing is mounted?

Thanks.