Rear door speakers...new head unit, no sound?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jnicks01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed a new stereo yesterday, and just noticed that my rear door speakers are not working. I connected all wires, except for the blue amp wire (no amp yet). All other wires are accounted for and have been hooked up to the aftermarket harnesses. I have found no settings on my radio to fix this. Do I have to wire the speakers to my fronts/rears? Are there different harnesses for 4 doors compared to 2 doors? Thanks!!!!

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you use a harness adapter or did you hardwire the Head Unit?

Chasmanian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it is a 99 it may have a factory amp under the drivers seat

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah there are a couple different harnesses to work with the stereo you have..You might need a PAC or something.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If there is a factory amp, could it just be a matter of hooking up the blue amp wire?

The rest works right? The amp is on unless the rear runs off a seperate one. Try it! This is why I hate stock stuff....lol

jnicks01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, rest is perfect. I'll try it. Yeah, this stock stuff is horrible. My 86 S-10 was so much easier! Thanks for the help.

dye4metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
theres a stock amp, i can almost gurantee if your getting power and no sound and you have nothing hooked up to the amp turn on then thats the problem

jnicks01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will hook up the blue amp wires as soon as I get a chance to see if that works. Man, I hope it does. I will let everyone know my outcome. Any more info is still welcome though.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Check in your smaller secondary harness for a pink wire. Splice your blue amp turn-on wire to that.

jnicks01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, that was easy. I hooked up my blue amp wire from the head unit to the blue wire on the aftermarket harness. Works perfectly. I guess there is a stock amp somewhere, but I'm not attempting to located it...wherever it is??