373 or 410s.... input please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevere

Reaction score
Hi all,

I want to do the gears but not sure which ones, can anybody give me their input on the 373 and 410. I am not going to pull any boats or anything huge like that, just want to take off better with the 26s

Thanks guys

slowmobile

Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong, but in general the higher you go in the rear the more acceleration you are going to get.

slowmobile

Reaction score
btw, how much of a diff did the 26's make in acceleration and fuel economy; not that it really matters.

Chevere

Reaction score
slowmobile said:
btw, how much of a diff did the 26's make in acceleration and fuel economy; not that it really matters.

GAS= 1 mpg about
acceleration= not much it's just that would like to take off faster.

Chevere

Reaction score
slowmobile said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but in general the higher you go in the rear the more acceleration you are going to get.

right...... thats what I want. but not to the point where is too much.

kpanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you really want to see a difference, go with the 4.10s...going from 3.42 to 3.73 won't make much difference...and with the larger tire diameter and the overdrive, you'll still be ok on the highway rpm-wise.

I just went from 4.56 to 5.38 in my K5 4x4, but with 42" Super Swampers, it still isn't all that "quick"... ha,ha But it does great on the rocks... :D

Chevere

Reaction score
kpanza said:
If you really want to see a difference, go with the 4.10s...going from 3.42 to 3.73 won't make much difference...and with the larger tire diameter and the overdrive, you'll still be ok on the highway rpm-wise.

I just went from 4.56 to 5.38 in my K5 4x4, but with 42" Super Swampers, it still isn't all that "quick"... ha,ha But it does great on the rocks... :D

thanks