Lift kit for tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

o2bwln

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Anyone here use/know of a lift kit for the tahoe. I'm not looking for the body lift/hockey puck option. I'm looking for a full suspension lift of about 3".

I want to take it mild off-roading and wanted to get the clearance without sacrificing the stability.

I know the major lift kit manufacturers make kits but i wanted to get personal experience/opinions from users before i decide to purchase one.

Thanks,
o2bwln

o2bwln

Reaction score
bump topic.

Im hoping someone here has taken their tahoe off-roading :)

scott

Reaction score
you might try ford torsion keys for the front ford part # xl3z5b328ca. I think they are about $50 from ford or pick some up at a salvage yard. they should give you 1 1/2" to 2". Try coil spacers for the rear or blocks if you have leaf springs.

o2bwln

Reaction score
didn't think you could use a ford part on a chevy...don't they have different ifs systems...also isn't that an unholy coupling :)

Unfortunately thecoil spacers won't get me the added height and articulation i need, plus i'm not sure what shocks i'll need to upgrage to inorder to compensate for the longer coil; as far as blocks go...that is an accident waiting to happen and i don't think the new tahoes have leaf springs in the rear, i thought they all went to coil spring suspension?
thanks,
o2bwln

ohmslaw

Reaction score
The 07 tahoe is set on coil springs which doesn't use torsion bars or leaf springs. Take a look at rancho's 4" lift kit if a 3" lift is all you want. What size tire do you plan on running for clearance issues? A stock tire is 31" I'm looking into a lift kit myself but not sure what height i want as well as wheel tire combo.

o2bwln

Reaction score
3"-4" is about max what i want to lift. I'll be using this as my tow rig for my jeep, but i figure if i'm taking it to Moad, i'll definately want to hit some trails with the tahoe.

i'm more of a solid axle person so i'll be curious to see how the tahoe performs with its IFS. Either way it'll be nice to have a comfortable ride out to moab and with all the goodies that are crammed in to these things i'm don't think i'll even need to get a hotel room on the way :)