More Power(Bass)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali132

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to replace the factory subwoofer under the console for a bigger one or how would I add more power the the factory sub for more Bass?

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. You'll need to replace the factory amp and subwoofer. The "easy" way is to buy a JL Audio Stealthbox, but those are kinda pricey (500-600). I'm working on building a sealed box for a 10" sub that fits inside the console.

Denali132

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks let me know if it works out. Do you have a lot of room to work with under there? What size is the factory sub 6in? How are you gonna add more power to your 10" when you put it in and are you keeping your factory radio?

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ported, 6", 2ohm, dual voice coil. If all you want is more thump the factory sub's input is a line level signal, so you can remove it from the factory sub, and route to whatever external amp and enclosure you'd like. You just need to cut into the harness, preferrably where it exits the main amp, and use shielded cable to the location of the aftermarket amp.

Last edited:

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There isn't a ton of room in the console, I'm either going to have to sacrifice the cupholder tray or the storage compartment to get it in, haven't decided yet. I'm adding a 4 channel amp and will be using 2 channels to power new front 6.5" components and the other two channels will be bridged for the sub. I'll be using a harness found on JP customs website to allow me to use my factory HU. I have the non-bose system and it is pretty pathetic right now.

S

smmperformance

We sell the JL custom fit audio boxes for direct replacement daily, and customers love them!

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Bose main amp does have a line level output to drive the amp in the sub.

Last edited:

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good info. I was thinking about the same thing. The sound if pretty nice but it won't push freqs under 60-70hz good enough for me.
I'd simple like to replace the current sub with an 8" or 10". I'd love to stick with a Bose woofer if that's what is there now.

How hard is it to remove the woofer?

I did find this online. http://mobile.jlaudio.com/pdfs/12371.pdf

Last edited:

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Bose sub consists of a 1 ohm dual voice coil transducer, a switching amplifier, and is sealed in plastic enclosure. It's not something you can modify.

GMz71

Reaction score
I have the JL Stealth box with a JL A250 Amp under my bucket seat in the rear. They sell some sort of hook up to run the sub with the bose system. I like mine a whole lot, and there is no comparison from stock to what I have. But it sounds like you were looking for kind of the same thing I wanted.

The only downfall is the price!

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Bose sub consists of a 1 ohm dual voice coil transducer, a switching amplifier, and is sealed in plastic enclosure. It's not something you can modify.

dam:mad3:...removal seems like the only option. Maybe someone makes(can make) a plug and play replacement enclosure. I look around at a few shops.

an 8" sub would go a little deep.

thanks for the info

riverst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the JL Stealth box with a JL A250 Amp under my bucket seat in the rear. They sell some sort of hook up to run the sub with the bose system. I like mine a whole lot, and there is no comparison from stock to what I have. But it sounds like you were looking for kind of the same thing I wanted.

The only downfall is the price!

Do you know what the Hook Up is that "They" sell to connect the Stealth Box and amp to the Bose System?