lowered? not really

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hype143

Reaction score
hey guys, I just got my mcgaughys 2/3 lowering kit put on and the back doesnot seem to be very low, when i measure it I only got about 1 inch of drop. Is there anything the installers could have done wrong?

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you have the autoride on your truck?

hype143

Reaction score
yes, I know I bought the right kit, they may have not trimmed something or somthing, haha I dk??

sweetjeeps

Reaction score
I just lowered my 04 with the Roush Ground Force 2/3 kit. It was level for a few hours and looked good and then it got 2 inches lower when everything sat in place with weight on it. How long has it been?

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to suggest the pin mod. Mine was modded, but we should have bent it a little more. I turned off the autoride (pulled fuse) and my truck sat 1.5-2" lower than it did before.

hype143

Reaction score
thanks man, I will try to turn auto ride off, maybe that will work

hype143

Reaction score
i took both fuses for autoride out and it. It has been 3 hours and it doesnt look like it did anything. How long should it take.

hype143

Reaction score
I think taking the fuses out just made my service suspension light go off... anyone else got any advice?

hype143

Reaction score
alright guys, im taking it back tomorrow any more suggestions?

FadedSS

Reaction score
sometimes things can take a while to settle. i had a similar situation with my 02 camaro ss when i put on hotchkis lowering springs. took about a week or so for them to completely settle in...keep us updated!

DenaliAnyone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two choices to pick from:

1) bend or cut air ride rods about a 1/4 inch to trick the system in thinking the truck is at the correct height once the compressor kicks on.

2) disconnect negative battery, pull autoride fuse, and let air out of shock.

CHISTOSO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There shouldn't be any settling time. It should be where its going to stay. I got 5 inches of drop just like the kit said and it hasn't been lower than that. My kit was for 3 up front and 5 out back.